Phoenix IV Sedation Dentist
IV Sedation – Complete All Dental Work In One Day
Upgrade your dental experience and rid your anxiety with IV sedation dentistry. If you haven’t been to the dentist in the while, and you require a lot of dental work, we are here to help. Or, if you need minimal dental work, and you prefer IV sedation, we can help you too. Just think, you will have little to no recall of your visit. No pain, no sounds, no smells, no anxiety.
All Services Under One Roof
At Paradise Ridge Dentistry, we offer all services under one roof. This means you can have all of your dental work completed in just one day. No more multiple dental visits, and no more multiple dental visits to specialists, which will save you a lot of time and money.
No Fear Dentistry
Fear no more, now you can feel completely relaxed in the dentist’s chair with Intravenous Conscious Sedation (aka, “IV sedation”). At Paradise Ridge Dentistry, Dr. Erik Unger and our team is here to help you feel more relaxed and take away your dental anxiety with IV sedation dentistry. Depending on the severity of fear, IV sedation can be used for simple teeth cleaning or for more invasive procedures.
Read more about Dr. Erik Unger here.
Give us a call to book your appointment today.
In this video Dr. Allen Peyghambarian (Dr. P.) explains the benefits of sedation.
What is IV sedation and how will it make me feel?
With IV sedation you remain conscious. You will also be able to understand and respond to the doctor’s requests. However, you probably won’t remember much about the dental procedure for the following reasons:
- IV sedation induces a state of deep relaxation along with a feeling of not being bothered about what’s happening.
- The drugs used for IV sedation produce either partial or complete memory loss from the time the drug first kicks in and then wears off. Further, time will seem to pass very quickly with little recall of what happened. Once you wake up, you’ll be completely fixed up and ready to go.
What are some of the advantages of IV sedation dentistry?
- If you don’t want to be aware of the procedure IV sedation is the best choice.
- Once administered it is very quick to take effect and it can be made to meet the patient’s needs. Further, it is very reliable and very effective compared to oral sedation.
- For those who have problems with the gag reflex, IV sedation helps to eliminate it.
Is IV sedation dentistry safe?
IV sedation is extremely safe, even safer than local anesthetic on its own as long as it is under the supervision of a specially trained doctor.
You may also download a copy of the ADSA Anesthesia Patient Brochure.