Phoenix Dental Implants
Are you a candidate for dental implants? Even though implant dentistry is a highly specialized field, it is not formally recognized as a dental specialty. Almost any general dentist can place an implant without any training at all. However, patients should do their research to find out what kind dentist to choose and how much training the dentist has had. You can be confident in choosing Dr. David Kloss. He has had extensive training and education in implantology and has successfully placed over 1,000 dental implants in the course of 10 years.
What are Dental Implants?
There are two phases involved in the dental implant procedure. The first appointment is the surgical placement of the titanium tooth root into the bone. During this phase it is also possible that bone grafting may be needed to help support the implant especially if the original tooth was lost to periodontal disease. During the healing phase, osseointegration takes place. This is when the titanium root fuses directly to the bone offering strength and durability which prevents the jawbone from shrinking.
When the area is completely healed Dr. Kloss will place a porcelain crown on the tooth root to blend in beautifully with your other teeth.
The Many Benefits of Phoenix Dental Implants
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth.
- They are comfortable and look just like your natural teeth.
- They are strong, long lasting and can even stabilize a denture.
- When you are missing all your teeth, implants prevent facial collapse.
- They are made of biocompatible materials, therefore accepted by your body.
- They stay in place so you don’t have to worry about them slipping around.
- Chewing efficiency is greatly enhanced.
- Enjoy the taste of the food you eat completely with dental implants unlike eating with dentures.
- Unlike conventional dental bridges there is no need to grind down your adjacent natural healthy teeth.
Paradise Ridge Dentistry offers complete care of both the surgical and restorative phases of Phoenix dental implants. Give us a call or schedule a consultation with Dr. David Kloss online.