Missing teeth can affect self-esteem and a person’s ability to eat and talk. Luckily, there are two main ways to replace missing teeth: Dentures and Dental implants. Both dentures and dental implants can restore the smile and function, but there are important differences between the two treatments. In this blog, we will dive deep into knowing Dental Implants VS Dentures; we will understand both the topic with its pros and cons.
Understanding Dental Implants with its Pros and Cons
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically implanted into the jawbone with the help of screw-like devices. The replacement tooth, which is often a crown or bridge, is supported by the implant. The most durable and realistic-looking tooth replacement option is an implant.
Pros of dental implants
- Stability: Because dental implants are bonded to the jawbone, they offer a solid foundation on which to place replacement teeth.
- Durability: Titanium, a robust, long-lasting substance used to make dental implants, is known for its durability.
- Natural appearance: Dental implants provide a natural appearance and perform similarly to natural teeth. You can smile, speak ,and eat with confidence knowing your teeth look and function naturally.
- Better dental health: Dental implants can help maintain the strength of the jawbone and stop more tooth loss.
- Ease of maintenance: Dental Implants are easy to maintain and take care of. It is just as easy as maintaining your natural teeth. All you need is just a regular brushing, flossing and dental check-ups to maintain its condition. Check out our detailed blog on pros and cons of dental implants to get detailed information on implants.
Cons of Dental Implants
- Cost: Dental implants are the most expensive tooth replacement option available.
- Surgery: Dental implant placement requires surgery, which may not be suitable for everyone.
- Healing time: The healing process for dental implants can take several months.
Dentures are artificial teeth that can be removed and put back in the mouth. They are used to replace missing teeth. Dentures can be made for all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw (full dentures) or just a few missing teeth (partial dentures).
Types of dentures
- Full dentures: This procedure can be used to replace every tooth in the upper or lower jaw.
- Partial dentures: This procedure can be used to replace one or more lost teeth and only cover a section of the teeth in the jaw.
- Conventional dentures: This procedure can be performed after all of the teeth in the jaw have been removed. The dentures are placed after several months of the extractions in order to allow the gums to heal.
- Immediate dentures: This procedure can be used to replace missing teeth and are put in the mouth right away. Immediate dentures can aid in maintaining facial features and halting bone loss.
Advantages of dentures that you should Know about
- Affordability: Dentures are the most affordable tooth replacement option available.
- Non-invasiveness: Dentures do not require surgery.
Limitations and Drawbacks of Dentures
- Stability: Dentures can be loose and unstable, making it difficult to eat and speak.
- Maintenance: Dentures must be removed and cleaned daily.
- Appearance: Dentures do not look like natural teeth.
Dental Implants vs Dentures for Better Understanding
|May not look as natural as implants.
|Looks and functions just as natural teeth.
|can be loose and little bit uncomfortable.
|Secured enough and comfortable.
|Must be removed and cleaned daily.
|Regular Brushing and Flossing is enough.
|Life span is short.
|Can last for years without any problem.
We are your trusted partner for dentures and dental implants. At Paradise Ridge Family Dentistry, we are aware of the negative effects missing teeth may have on people’s lives. For this reason, we provide several tooth replacement solutions, such as dentures and dental implants. Contact us for any kind of Family dentistry in Phoenix and nearby areas.
Dentures VS Implants : Which option is right for you?
The best tooth replacement option for one will depend on your individual needs and circumstances. Factors to consider include your budget, oral health, lifestyle, and aesthetic goals.
Schedule a Consultation with Paradise Dentistry to avail major benefits, including
- Discussions in-depth to assist in selecting the optimal tooth replacement choice for needs.
- Modern instruments and technologies for dentistry.
- An environment that is inviting and pleasant, and dedicated to providing inexpensive, high-quality care.